Thursday, October 14, 2010

Day 4

My mom and I:


My mom is the best mom in the world!

When she was in her last year of college her parents died tragically. She quit college to return home to raise her siblings. It was then when she inherited the bar/restaurant and bought out her siblings. She had to grow up a lot but proved how strong she is.

She got married to my dad and then divorced when I was in 4th grade. It was a really hard time for us. My dad had left, she had 3 kids to take care of and a business. She raised us 3 kids all on her own while owning her own bar/restaurant. Now all 3 of her children are in college (in my case I have graduated!) My mom sold the bar (I was so sad) and "retired." She is very involved in politics which she loves and is very busy golfing and doing her radio show. I see my mom about once a week and I still call her when I am sick haha. She is amazing!

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing story! I'm sure she knows how much you love and appreciate her, but have you sent her the link to this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are wearing a gorgeous dress.

    ReplyDelete